Walter Dean Myers
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper examines the life, inspiration and works of black writer Walter Dean Myers. The paper's author asserts that to understand Myers' works, one must know about his life. A brief biography of Myers' life is presented, in addition to a list of his works. Most of Myers' work deals with young black people, and the issues of color and peer pressure. The paper concludes that Myers' own life experiences is what helps him convey his message to his audience.
From the Paper:"There are many facts of Myers' life which are reflected in his works, and he himself has confirmed that "My ideas come largely from my own background. I write a lot about basketball, and I've played basketball for years and years. I was in the army and I wrote FALLEN ANGELS. I lived in Harlem, and I write about Harlem." (Myers, teenreads.com 2007). Looking at the facts of his life which are related to his work helps us to understand his motivation. "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Children's Literature (2007) "Walter Dean Myers" from http://www.childrenslit.com/f_walterdeanmyers.html
- Fischer, Marilyn; Levandowski, Carol; Marlowe, Carol; Snyder, Barbara and Vandergrift (2007) "Learning about Walter Dean Myers" http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/~kvander/myers.html
- Myers, Walter Dean (2001) Bad Boy: A Memoir HarperCollins
- Myers, Walter Dean (2003) The Beast Scholastic Press
- Myers, Walter Dean (2003) Blues Journey Holiday House
Cite this Term Paper:
Walter Dean Myers (2010, April 30) Retrieved October 03, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/walter-dean-myers-119474/
"Walter Dean Myers" 30 April 2010. Web. 03 October. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/walter-dean-myers-119474/>