Walt Disney's Impact on the Movie Industry
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper describes how Walt Disney began his film career and how he became an exceptional leader in his industry. The paper argues that Walt Disney had a large impact on the movie industry due to the moral standards he set for his films and company and the family values he incorporated into his films. The paper emphasizes the timeless effects his films still have on children and families today.
From the Paper:"There are certainly many influential and colorful American characters that have had a great impact on American society and culture, but one of the biggest names is Walt Disney. His name is legendary around the world, millions of people throng to his theme parks every year, and even more spend time viewing a classic or brand-new Disney film. Walt Disney is a legend in the entertainment industry, and his films still have a dramatic impact on society today.
"Walt Disney began his film career shortly after he got out of the Army after World War I. He worked as a cartoonist for companies in Kansas City, Missouri, where he met Ub Iwersk, who became his animation partner. Walt moved to Los Angeles in the early 1920s, where he set up an animation studio with his brother Walt. They created short animated cartoons, until 1937, when they put together their first feature film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Brittain-Catlin, T. (2003, June). Walt Disney and the quest for community. The Architectural Review, 213, 97.
- Bryman, A. (1995). Disney and his worlds. New York: Routledge.
- Jackson, K. M. (1996). Introduction Walt Disney: Its persuasive products and cultural contexts. Journal of Popular Film and Television, 24(2), 50-52.
- Steiner, M. (2003). The magic kingdom: Walt Disney and the American way of life. The Historian, 65(4), 1017+.
- Thomas, Bob. (1994). Walt Disney, an American original. New York: The Walt Disney Company.
Cite this Term Paper:
Walt Disney's Impact on the Movie Industry (2010, October 24) Retrieved June 15, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/walt-disney-impact-on-the-movie-industry-145038/
"Walt Disney's Impact on the Movie Industry" 24 October 2010. Web. 15 June. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/walt-disney-impact-on-the-movie-industry-145038/>