A look at the history, advantages and successes associated with voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) technology.
# 112232 | 1,254 words | 5 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Feb 17, 2009 in Computer and Technology (Internet) , Computer and Technology (Technology) , Education (General) , Business (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses how voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) technology has been a cost saver and allowed individuals and organizations to communicate in a more efficient manner. The paper then shows that some of the greatest successes in the utilization of VoIp are in the areas of education and business.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Milner, J. (2005). VoIP to the Rescue: Faced with the Challenges Hampering School Communications Nationwide, Three Districts Forge into the 21st Century with Web-Based Telephony. T H E Journal (Technological Horizons In Education), 33(5), 30+.
- Taylor K. (2006) The Advantages of VOIP for Small Businesses. Retrieved May 28 from;http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/23214/the_advantages_of_voip_for_small_businesses.html?cat=3
- "Voice Over Internet Protocol". United States Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved May 28 from; http://www.fcc.gov/voip/
- VoIP subscriber base grows 21% in second quarter, 2006. Retrieved May 28 from;http://www.americasnetwork.com/americasnetwork/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=364860&ref=25
- Wallingford,T. (2005) Switching to VoIP: A solutions manual for network professionals. Oreily Press
Cite this Term Paper:
VoIP Technology (2009, February 17) Retrieved April 19, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/voip-technology-112232/
"VoIP Technology" 17 February 2009. Web. 19 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/voip-technology-112232/>