Ulysses S. Grant
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the life of Ulysses S. Grant. It describes his unremarkable youth and his failure at every occupation he attempted, until he entered the United States Army where his talents of leadership secured the unity of the United States. It also discusses the successes and failures of his presidency, however concludes that he may have been the most popular American of the nineteenth century.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Goode, Stephen. "Ulysses S. Grant: 'the unheroic hero'" World and I. July 1, 1999. Retrieved December 12 2006 from HighBeam Research Library.
- Lasner, Lynn Fabian. "The Rise and Fall and Rise of Ulysses S. Grant." Humanities. January/February 2002. Retrieved December 12 2006 from: http://www.neh.gov/news/humanities/2002-01/grant.html
- Simpson, Brooks D. Ulysses S. Grant. Houghton Mifflin Company. 2000. Pp. xvii, xix.
- "Ulysses S. Grant." American Experience: Public Broadcasting System. Retrieved December 11 2006 from: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/grant/peopleevents/p_ugrant.html
- "Ulysses1 S. Grant." Retrieved December 12 2006 from: http://www.cr.nps.gov/logcabin/html/usg2.html
Cite this Term Paper:
Ulysses S. Grant (2007, July 10) Retrieved April 05, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/ulysses-grant-96490/
"Ulysses S. Grant" 10 July 2007. Web. 05 April. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/ulysses-grant-96490/>