$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper examines society's increasing tolerance of transsexual individuals. It discusses the implementation of policies enforcing fair treatment of transsexuals in the workplace. The paper points out that, in addition to the workplace, there is a push for greater tolerance for transsexuals regarding other issues as well, such as when buying a house, renting an apartment, going to a movie or a restaurant. The paper discusses transsexuality as a new class of gender identity. The paper concludes by pondering over the plight of transsexuals in the Middle East.
From the Paper:"Lately there have been some high-profile cases involving the discrimination of transgender people, which have aided in the public understanding of the bias that is to be seen in some workplaces in America. In particular there is the story of the city manager in Largo, Florida, who was fired when she came out and announced plans to have a sex change operation. Her name is Susan Stanton, and she was Largo City Manager; in March, 2007, Stanton let it be known she was switching genders. Quite a bit of fuss was stirred up because of that decision. In fact, Stanton was fired."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Esra. (2007). Interview with a Kuwaiti Transsexual. Mideast Youth. Retrieved Nov. 21, 2007, From http://www.mideastyouth.com/2007/07/21/interview-with-a-kuwaiti-transsexual/.
- Hafenbrack, Josh. (2007). Palm Beach County bans transgender discrimination. South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com. Retrieved Nov. 21, 2007, from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-flptrans1121pnnov21,0,89998.story.
- King, Kenneth. (2007). Trans-sex and the Facticity of the Flesh. Gay and Lesbian Review Worldwide. Retrieved Nov. 21, 2007, from http://www.glreview.com.
- Letellier, Patrick. (2007). Corporate America "Transforming" its Policies. Lesbian News, 33.2, 13-13.
- Ruark, Jennifer K. (2007). Voice Lessons. Chronicle of Higher Education, 54.2, 72-72.
Cite this Term Paper:
Transsexual Rights (2008, July 29) Retrieved April 19, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/transsexual-rights-106211/
"Transsexual Rights" 29 July 2008. Web. 19 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/transsexual-rights-106211/>