Tourism and its Trends
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper examines several articles on the factors that will challenge the travel and tourism industry in the future. The paper shows how travel and tourism in some areas of the world is facing great challenges, specifically due to global climate change and the present world economic outlook. The paper, however, concludes that establishments who make the right decisions in their marketing mix are likely to realize a growth in the future due to travelers looking for ways to cut costs. The paper also notes that eco-tourism is likely to experience a boom in the years to come.
Summary of Articles
Summary of Articles
From the Paper:"Tourism is reported to be growing worldwide after several years of slowed growth which is believed to be attributed to the incident of September 11, 2001. Eco-Tourism is one sector experiencing rapid growth because today's tourists desire the 'experience' of travel and do not mind paying more for this. Travelers today are looking for "authenticity, inspiration and rejuvenation" according to the Tourism Alliance (2009). One report states that the United National "is being urged to introduce an international registration system to power Fairtrade Tourism to new levels in sub-Saharan Africa." (Tourism Directory, 2009) This type of system would ensure that fair-trade claims are true when these types of claims are made. All areas of the world are not reporting positive trends in travel and tourism and one such location is the Caribbean due to a downturn in economics."
Sample of Sources Used:
- 2nd UNWTO Conference on Tourism Trends and Outlook for the Asia Pacific (2009) Tourism Directory. 1 Jan 2009. Online available at: http://directorytourism.com/news_11_2nd-UNWTO-Conference-on-Tourism-Trends-and-Outlook-for-the-Asia-Pacific.html
- Hospitality Execs Discuss Current Trends in Travel (2009) Gauteng Tourism Authority. Online available at: http://www.gauteng.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=773&Itemid=263
- Hotel, Catering and Tourism: Current Situations and Trends (2008) Credit Suisse. Economic Research. Online available at: https://entry.credit-suisse.ch/csfs/p/cb/en/media/pdf/hp_tourismus_en.pdf
- Market Trends (2009) Tourism Alliance. Online available at: http://www.tourismalliance.co.uk/MarketTrends.asp
- The Future Trends in Tourism - Global Perspectives (2007) Club of Amsterdam Conference 31 May 2007. Amsterdam. Online available at: http://www.clubofamsterdam.com/contentarticles/38%20Tourism/Joachim_Willms_Future_of_Tourism_Club_of_Amsterdam.pdf
Cite this Term Paper:
Tourism and its Trends (2011, September 21) Retrieved March 06, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/tourism-and-its-trends-148181/
"Tourism and its Trends" 21 September 2011. Web. 06 March. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/tourism-and-its-trends-148181/>