$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses how by extensive definition, the U.S. either has a health care "system," or it delivers health care to its citizens through a multitude of un-interrelated private and public system networks. The paper briefly examines what functions comprise a health care system, let alone a "good" system and concludes that by any stretch of the actual definition of a health care system we cannot call health care in the U.S. a system.
From the Paper:"U.S. health care does not consist of a network of interrelated components designed to work together coherently, which one would expect to find in a true system. (eBook Collection p4)
The argument is also made by several sources that a system is only a system if it delivers what it either directly or indirectly promises--good healthcare for its patrons! And part of the
"system" question becomes what is good healthcare, is the U.S. delivering it, and what functions, after all, comprises a healthcare system, let alone a "good" system?
"The most basic discussion among sources is, "what is health?" It sounds like an absurd question, but if we are comparing health care systems and trying to make the U.S. "system" better, then it is important to define what our goal is? "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bureau of Labor Education - University of Maine. (2001, June). The U.S. healthcare system:
- Best in the world or just the most expensive? Retrieved February 11, 2009, from University of Maine: http://dll.umaine.edu/ble/U.S.%20HCweb.pdf
- Business Dictionary. (n.d.). BusinessDictionary.com. Retrieved February 11, 2009, from BusinessDictionary: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/system.html
- eBook Collection. (n.d.). Basic Components of a Healthcare Delivery System.
- Leiyu Shi, D. A. (2007). Delivering healthcare in America: A systems approach. Sudbury, Massachusetts: Jones and Bartlett.
Cite this Term Paper:
The System of U.S. Health Care (2010, December 14) Retrieved February 26, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-system-of-us-health-care-146030/
"The System of U.S. Health Care" 14 December 2010. Web. 26 February. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-system-of-us-health-care-146030/>