The State of Gay Marriage in the United States Term Paper by cee-cee
The State of Gay Marriage in the United States
A look at how gay marriage is viewed in the USA.
# 114915 | 1,395 words | 5 sources | MLA | 2009 |
Published on Jun 29, 2009 in Hot Topics (Same-Sex Marriage)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper looks at the very divisive issue in the USA today of gay marriage, explaining the main reasons for both points of view on the topic. The issue has become political in recent years with both parties using the subject to attract voters. The paper also illustrates how the subject is dealt with in different states and how, in an attempt to avoid meeting the controversy head on, Vermont became the first state to grant "civil unions."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Avery, Alison, et al. "America's Changing Attitudes toward Homosexuality, Civil Unions, and Same-Gender Marriage: 1977-2004." Social Work 52.1 (2007): 71+.
- Graff, E.J. "Marital Blitz: This November, Anti-Gay-Marriage Bills Will Be Back on Ballots with a Vengeance, but This Time around, the Gay and Lesbian Activist Network Is Ready to Play Hardball." The American Prospect Mar. 2006: 41+.
- Hickey, Adam. "Between Two Spheres: Comparing State and Federal Approaches to the Right to Privacy and Prohibitions against Sodomy." Yale Law Journal 111.4 (2002): 993+.
- Solomon, Sondra E., Esther D. Rothblum, and Kimberly F. Balsam. "Money, Housework, Sex, and Conflict: Same-Sex Couples in Civil Unions, Those Not in Civil Unions, and Heterosexual Married Siblings." Sex Roles: A Journal of Research 52.9-10 (2005): 561+.
- Wilkinson, J. Harvie. "Gay Rights and American Constitutionalism: What's a Constitution For?." Duke Law Journal 56.2 (2006): 545+.
Cite this Term Paper:
The State of Gay Marriage in the United States (2009, June 29) Retrieved May 28, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-state-of-gay-marriage-in-the-united-states-114915/
"The State of Gay Marriage in the United States" 29 June 2009. Web. 28 May. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-state-of-gay-marriage-in-the-united-states-114915/>