The Role of Government in Policy-Making
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the role of government in policy-making. The paper specifically focuses on the organization called Millennium Project and considers it in the context of the social problems of poverty and disease such as malaria, AIDS and malnutrition. The paper suggests that what has been lacking to this point in history is a cohesive plan for addressing these widespread problem and looks at how the government can address the problems.
From the Paper:"The key is that unlike past foreign policy the Millennium Project is designed to address the grass roots needs of those suffering from poverty and AIDS/malnutrition/malaria. It takes judicial intervention in the form of both monitoring by and installation of a judiciary system to specifically address the fundamental aspects of governance and society that has always been lacking: to align donors' good intentions with beneficiaries' greatest needs. This is the goal of focused coordination that the Millennium Project represents, which deemphasizes political agendas and focuses on the needs of the people in the countries who suffer and who have been traditionally manipulated on the national level for political reasons by western countries in the past."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Black, George (1988) The Good Neighbor: How the United States Wrote the History of Central America and the Caribbean , First Edition. Pantheon New York.
- Brainard, Lael LaFleur, Vinca. (2008) Making Poverty History? How Activists, Philanthropists, and the Public Are Changing Global Development Retrieved December 21, 2008: http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Files/rc/reports/2008/02_global_development_brainard/02_global_development_brainard.pdf.
- CDC. (2008) The impact of malaria. Retrieved December 21, 2008http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/impact/index.htm
- Cortada, James N and Cortada, James W. (1985) United States Foreign Policy in the Caribbean, Cuba, and Central America. Praeger New York.
- Ensuring That Gifts Go Where They're Needed (2008) Retrieved December 21, 2008: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/11/giving/11INVEST.html?_r=2&scp=1&sq=Millennium%20Promise&st=cse&oref=slogin
Cite this Term Paper:
The Role of Government in Policy-Making (2010, March 24) Retrieved September 18, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-role-of-government-in-policy-making-119009/
"The Role of Government in Policy-Making" 24 March 2010. Web. 18 September. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-role-of-government-in-policy-making-119009/>