"The Road Not Taken"
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper introduces, discusses and analyzes the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. The paper examines many elements of the poem that blend together to create a more pleasing whole. The paper discusses the irony, ambiguity, conflict and symbolism found in "The Road Not Taken" in order to help the reader achieve a better understanding of the poem.
From the Paper:"On the surface, there does not seem to be any conflict in this poem. However, the conflict arises from the narrator's inability to choose which road to take. There are many hints as to what road is less traveled. (Or is it? The ambiguity never really answers that question.) However, there is some other underlying conflict in the poem as well. The narrator notes he probably will never pass this way again. He also notes that taking the road less traveled made all the difference, but does not say why. Is there conflict in his life that will keep him from traveling this way again? Is he old, and on one of the last journeys of his life? The complexity of this poem sneaks up on the reader, and the more they understand the complexities, the more perplexing the poem becomes. "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Davison, Peter. "Farness and Depth: Rumination on Robert Frost." The Atlantic Monthly Dec. 2000: 113-14116-17.
- Frost, Robert. "The Road Not Taken." Bartleby.com. 2006. 28 Nov. 2006. http://www.bartleby.com/119/1.html
- Kearns, Katherine. "Frost on the Doorstep and Lyricism at the Millennium." Roads Not Taken: Rereading Robert Frost. Ed. J. Wilcox and Jonathan N. Barron. Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Press, 2000. 32-51.
- Lakritz, Andrew. "Frost in Transition." Roads Not Taken: Rereading Robert Frost. Ed. J. Wilcox and Jonathan N. Barron. Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Press, 2000. 198-216.
- Nitchie, George W. Human Values in the Poetry of Robert Frost: A Study of a Poet's Convictions. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 1960.
Cite this Term Paper:
"The Road Not Taken" (2007, September 24) Retrieved July 16, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-road-not-taken-98426/
""The Road Not Taken"" 24 September 2007. Web. 16 July. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-road-not-taken-98426/>