The Life of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Term Paper by Nicky
A discussion on the life and greatness of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
# 151092 | 1,626 words | 5 sources | APA | 2012 |
Published on May 21, 2012 in Music Studies (Classical and Baroque) , Music Studies (Composers)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper looks at the early life of Mozart as a child musical prodigy and his later achievements, focusing on his operas, "The Marriage of Figaro" and "Don Giovanni". The paper mentions his rivalry with Antonio Salieri and notes the various stories surrounding his death.
From the Paper:"During the early 1770s, Mozart saw himself back in the arms of his birth-city Salzburg. He was appointed concertmaster in the orchestra of Archbishop of Salzburg and during this period, he wrote many sacred works as well as symphonies and divertimentos (Boerner, 2007). Although he already had roots in Salzburg as a concertmaster during this period, he was still travelling all over Europe and performing new and old musical scores with various orchestras and musical companies. A disagreement with archbishop of Salzburg in the early 1780s prompted Mozart to resign his position as concertmaster and move to Vienna. While in Vienna, he was doing well and was again playing for the notable families in the city. His love of music further evolved but this was not the only changed that happened while in Vienna. On August 4, 1782, he married Constanze Weber against his father's wishes. He and Constanze had six children, of whom only two survived infancy (Red Balloon Technology Ltd., 2009). The names of their six children were: Raimund Leopold, Karl Thomas Mozart, Johann Thomas Leopold, Theresia Constanzia Adelheid Friedericke Maria Anna, Anna Maria and Franz Xaver Wolfgang Mozart. (Boerner, 2007)"
Sample of Sources Used:
- Boerner, S. (2007, July 20). The Mozart project. [Online] Retrieved November 1, 2009 from, http://www.mozartproject.org/.
- Catherine, C., Manley, D., Pajot, D., Ralsten, S. & Smith, G. (2008). The Mozart forum. [Online] Retrieved November 1, 2009 from, http://www.mozartforum.com/index.htm.
- Jenkins, J. (2006, June). "Mozart--portrait and myth." Journal of the Royal Society of medicine, vol. 99. [Online] Retrieved November 1, 2009 from, http://jrsm.rsmjournals.com/cgi/reprint/99/6/288.pdf.
- Red Balloon Technology Ltd. (2009). Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. [Online] Retrieved November 1, 2009 from, http://www.8notes.com/biographies/mozart.asp.
- Wang, N. (1996. August 13). Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). [Online] Retrieved November 1, 2009 from, http://www.its.caltech.edu/~tan/Mozartreq/main.html.
Cite this Term Paper:
The Life of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (2012, May 21) Retrieved March 29, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-life-of-wolfgang-amadeus-mozart-151092/
"The Life of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart" 21 May 2012. Web. 29 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-life-of-wolfgang-amadeus-mozart-151092/>