The Importance of Therapeutic Relationships in Health Promotion
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the field of mental health nursing, explaining the complexities involved in this profession and how interventions are now increasingly resorted to by nurses. It includes information from various studies that have been carried out on the subject in general and domestic violence in particular. The paper also sets out the essential qualities needed for professionals in this field.
From the Paper:''The focus of mental health nursing is made on therapeutic relationships or alliances whereby nurses aim at engaging with patients to care for them in a collaborative and positive manner in being empowered to draw on their inner strengths as also to the other forms of treatment that they may be receiving. Keeping with other areas of nursing practices, psychiatric mental health is useful in models of nursing by making use of different nursing care plans so as to care for the patient in entirety. Mental health encompasses a lot about a particular person in terms of how he feels, behaves and how he functions. This particular trait of a person cannot be ascertained at ease although it can enable a global picture by obtaining objective and subjective information so as to know of a person's total wellbeing and health factors (Doyle, 1996).''
Sample of Sources Used:
- Alexander F and Selesnick S T, (1967). The History of Psychiatry: An Evaluation of Psychiatric Thought and Practice from Prehistoric Times to the Present, Michigan, Allen and Unwin.
- Alfredo D, (2009). The History of Psychiatric Nursing, Accessed on 08 January 2010.
- American College of Nurse - Midwives, (1996). Domestic violence: strategies for improving assessment and intervention. J NurseMidwifery Home Study Program.
- Alpert E , Cohen S, Sege R D, (1997). Family violence: an overview. Acad Med. 1997;72(1)S3-S6.
- Barton, Edward Read, (2000). Mythopoetic Perspectives of Men's Healing Work, An Anthology for Therapists and Others, Bergin & Garvey.
Cite this Term Paper:
The Importance of Therapeutic Relationships in Health Promotion (2011, July 22) Retrieved September 21, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-importance-of-therapeutic-relationships-in-health-promotion-147827/
"The Importance of Therapeutic Relationships in Health Promotion" 22 July 2011. Web. 21 September. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-importance-of-therapeutic-relationships-in-health-promotion-147827/>