The Importance of Early Education
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper looks at the studies that show how, with the right framework and support structure, early education can facilitate the proper socialization in a child and encourage the development of physical, emotional and cognitive abilities. The paper discusses the activities in a preschool setting which are important to promoting this development. The writer emphasizes throughout this paper that preschool can set the foundation for a successful integration into future education.
From the Paper:"Entering young children into education at a very early age can help them to make the critical developmental steps toward social and intellectual maturation. Often, therefore, the benefits of early education can be seen in such children as they progress through adolescence and adulthood. It is therefore imperative that individual support of such objectives as social and intellectual maturation be sought as a means to capturing the attention and imagination of young minds at a time when they are most absorbent. A wide variety of perspectives are available regarding the value of early education, identifying it as a crucial tool in helping to identify issues related to development, learning and leadership in a wide array of social and academic contexts. Early education provides learners the tools for a successful academic career, justifying the emphasis through research, government and private institutions on increased early childhood education."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bredekamp, S. R.A. Knuth., L.G. Kunesh and D.D. Shulman. (1992). Early Childhood Education. North Central Regional Educational Laboratory. Online at <http://www.ncrel.org/sdrs/areas/stw_esys/5erly_ch.htm>
- Castaldo, N. (2008). Activities for early childhood: Castaldo's Corner. Education World. Ret. May 9, 2008 <
- Huitt, W., & Hummel, J. (2003). Piaget's theory of cognitive development. Valdosta, GA: Valdosta State University: Educational Psychology Interactive. Online at < http://chiron.valdosta.edu/whuitt/col/cogsys/piaget.html
- Kiley, T. & Racusen, R. (2007). Importance of early childhood education emphasized by witness as House hearing on Head Start. Committee on Education and Labor; U.S. House of Representatives. Ret. May 9, 2008 <
- Lamenburg, F.G. (2000). Early childhood education programs can make a difference in academic, economic and social sense. www.Findarticles.com. Ret. May 9, 2008 <
Cite this Term Paper:
The Importance of Early Education (2009, January 21) Retrieved September 28, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-importance-of-early-education-111444/
"The Importance of Early Education" 21 January 2009. Web. 28 September. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-importance-of-early-education-111444/>