An analysis of the geology and ecosystem of the Everglades in Florida.
# 99073 | 1,773 words | 8 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Oct 29, 2007 in Geology and Geophysics (Minerals and Rocks) , Geology and Geophysics (Environmental Science) , Geology and Geophysics (Planetology) , Geography (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the geology of the Everglades and the development of the topography of the area. It describes how the Everglades in Florida is a major ecosystem and discusses the ways in which it provides benefits to all of the Southeast United States. It also discusses the geographic stability of the area, as well as the influences on the geology of the Everglades.
From the Paper:"During this process, sediments from the Appalachian and other inland highlands came east and southward in streams to be deposited on the faulted continental margin, a process that buried the margin under a wedge thousands of feet thick made up of layered sedimentary and volcanic debris. Most Mesozoic and Cenozoic sedimentary rock layers are today found beneath much of the coastal plain, and the fringing continental shelf is nearly horizontal or tilts gently toward the sea ("Atlantic Plain Province" paras. 7-8)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Allen, Ginger M. and Martin B. Main. "Florida's Geological History." University of Florida (2007). May 3, 2007. http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/UW208.
- "Atlantic Plain Province." Geology in the National Parks (3 Jan 2004). May 2, 2007. http://geology.wr.usgs.gov/parks/province/atlantpl.html.
- "The Eastern Coastal Ridge." Duke University Wetland Center (2007). May 2, 2007. http://www.nicholas.duke.edu/wetland/eastern.htm.
- "Everglades Geology." American Park Network (2001). May 3, 2007. http://www.americanparknetwork.com/parkinfo/ev/geology/.
- "Historic Everglades Basin Topography." Duke University Wetland Center (2007). May 2, 2007. http://www.nicholas.duke.edu/wetland/geology.htm.
Cite this Term Paper:
The Everglades (2007, October 29) Retrieved October 18, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-everglades-99073/
"The Everglades" 29 October 2007. Web. 18 October. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-everglades-99073/>