The Effects of Globalization
A personal perspective on how globalization impacts American society.
# 105153 | 3,210 words | 8 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Jun 30, 2008 in Computer and Technology (Internet) , Computer and Technology (Technology) , Medical and Health (General) , Education (General) , Economics (Globalization)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper reveals that globalization has been more beneficial to people in higher income levels, but has harmed people in middle and lower economic classes. The paper then discusses the beneficial aspects of globalization that include improvements in education, medicine, consumption, work and technology. The writer concludes that he expects these beneficial aspects to only improve, but he is concerned about the negative aspects of globalization, especially in terms of the burgeoning economic inequality it is generating.
From the Paper:"Our readings and class discussions indicate that globalization is controversial, for its advocates claim that it promotes general prosperity around the world and is socially benign, while its critics blame globalization for the widening gap between rich and poor throughout the world. It is evident that globalization has been beneficial to people in higher income levels, but has been much less beneficial to people in middle and lower economic classes, many of whom are in fact being harmed by globalization."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bayne, K. (1997). The Internet Marketing Plan: A Practical Handbook for Creating, Implementing, and Assessing Your Online Presence. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Berek, B. (1994). Telemedicine on the Move: Health Care Heads Down the Information Highway. Los Angeles: American Hospital Association.
- Hirschbuhl, John J. (1997). Computers in Education. New York: Brown and Benchmark Publishing.
- Kosiur, David. (1997). Understanding Electronic Commerce. Redmond: Microsoft Press.
- McComb, Gordon H. (1998). Web Commerce. New York: John Wiley and Sons, Incorporated.
Cite this Term Paper:
The Effects of Globalization (2008, June 30) Retrieved July 02, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-effects-of-globalization-105153/
"The Effects of Globalization" 30 June 2008. Web. 02 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-effects-of-globalization-105153/>