The African AIDS Epidemic
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper analyzes the growing problem of AIDS in Africa. It discusses the major reasons why poverty and inadequate health care policies are important factors of this epidemic. The paper then compares Africa with other countries in the world and analyzes, in depth, how and why Africa is suffering under the epidemic of AIDS in recent times. It specifically looks at the global impact of inadequate health care policy and poverty in the African AIDS epidemic.
From the Paper:"This statement from the Bush Administration allows the participatory involvement of not only South Africa, but of the other countries in the vicinity that show some economic and political stability. South Africa and Uganda represents one of the more stable countries of the region, this is why it has been included within this study on how the northern and southern hemispheres are dealing with this crisis. However, the status of South Africa as a leader in preventing AIDS for impoverished nations that surround it appear to be negligent, since it cannot provide a leading example of how to stop the infection within its own policy settings agendas. In this manner, the issue of poverty within a global context is an important factor in generating reasons as to why South Africa provides a higher rate of infections thn other countries, such as the United States."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Africa in Brief: Information Summit Pledges Help for Poor Countries." Africa Renewal, Vol.19 #4 (January 2006). http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/afrec/vol19no4/194brief.html#aids
- Biehl, Joao. "The Activist State: Global Pharmaceuticals, AIDS, and Citizenship in Brazil." Social Text 22, 3 80 (2004): 105-132.
- Fiala, Christian. "AIDS in Africa: The Ugandan Example." Virusmyth. http://www.virusmyth.net/aids/data/chrfafrica.htm
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, "Overview of the Global AIDS Epidemic", Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, data.unaids.org/pub/GlobalReport/ 2006/2006_GR_CH02_en.pdf
- Mbali, Mandisa. "AIDS Discourse in the South African State: Government Denialism and Post-Apartheid AIDS Policymaking" in Transformation: Critical Perspectives on Southern Africa, 104-122. Ann Arbor: Michigan State University Press, 2004.
Cite this Term Paper:
The African AIDS Epidemic (2007, December 26) Retrieved May 09, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-african-aids-epidemic-100372/
"The African AIDS Epidemic" 26 December 2007. Web. 09 May. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/the-african-aids-epidemic-100372/>