$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the increasing incidence of teenage street racing. It looks at the positive correlation between the increased amount of teenage racing and the prevalence of related movies and video games. The paper then discusses possible solutions to the problem, including the effectiveness of education and awareness as preventative measures.
From the Paper:"As teenagers continue to seek new avenues for excitement and expending energy, racing can be viewed as both a blessing and a curse. The determining factor is distinguishing between the two is the environment the driver races in. In too many cases, teenagers are killed or injured when attempting to street race or perform maneuvers such as drifting. Even experiences racers such as Nick Bollea are not immune to the dangers of street racing and the unforeseen driving conditions that can be present. However, in controlled, safe environments teenagers have proven that racing can be a fun and exciting extracurricular activity. As teenagers are conditioned to feel internal pressures adults tend to forget, racing can be viewed as an outlet for some of the tension that can be kept inside. Finally, while dangerous activities are frowned upon, safe venues should be used to keep teenagers off the streets, out of jails, and most importantly, alive."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Autosportz. "Techniques for Drifting your Car." Autosporz.com. 7 Dec 2007 <http://www.autosportz.com/article_what_is_drifting.htm>.
- Creason, Naomi. "Teenage Girl Wins National Racing Title." The Sentinel Newspaper, 13 July 2007. 7 Dec 2007 <http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2007/07/23/news/news945.txt>.
- Lipsyte, Robert. "Auto Racing; A Teenage Driver Learning to be Safe at Any Speed." The New York Times. 29 June 2003. 7 Dec 2007 <http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9801E0D7173AF93AA15755C0A9659C8B63&n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/People/L/Lipsyte,%20Robert>.
- Miller, Sara B. "The Spread of Teenage Drag Racing Raises Red Flags." The Christian Science Monitor. 10 Aug 2005 1-3. 18 Oct 2007 <http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0810/p01s03-ussc.html>.
- Ritchie, Erika I. and Spencer Kallick. "Street Racing on the Rise." The Orange Country Register, 1290612. 28 Sep 2006. 18 Oct 2007 <http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/local/communities/rsm/article_1290612.php>.
Cite this Term Paper:
Teenage Racing (2009, October 16) Retrieved April 19, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/teenage-racing-116648/
"Teenage Racing" 16 October 2009. Web. 19 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/teenage-racing-116648/>