Technology's Impact on Organizational Performance Term Paper by Quality Writers
Technology's Impact on Organizational Performance
An examination of the integral role in strategic management that information systems have been awarded in contemporary management structures, focusing on General Electric.
# 104831 | 2,089 words | 9 sources | MLA | 2008 |
Published on Jun 24, 2008 in Business (Companies) , Business (Information Mgmt. and Systems) , Business (Management)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses technology and the impact that a particular technology solution has made on a fortune 500 company. It particularly focuses on General Electric (GE) and its technology solution. The paper discusses the technology's impact on strategic management and organizational development within GE and illustrates this through the discussion of enterprise resource planning (ERP) technology platforms. This paper includes graphs, tables and flowcharts.
From the Paper:"As mentioned in earlier research this business reengineering process facilitated through the enabling technology of Six Sigma and the core technology platforms of ERP have been instrumental in GE's long-term efficiency across many vastly different lines of business. GE's approach, however, is to implement Six Sigma first at the people level and then work it into its production processes: "GE usually encourages its employees to do things in a different way, requiring all employees to attend a 'Six Sigma' training course and use the principles and methods to improve the quality of their daily work" (Chen, 2005, para.13). Once deployed, the technology applications of an ERP platform and the enabling technology of Six Sigma imparts to GE employees revolutionizes the way work is performed at the most detailed level allowing GE to achieve quantifiable and substantial results reflected by gains in efficiency, profitability, and motivational force across the organization."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Ashbaugh, S., & Miranda, R. (2002). Technology for Human Resources Management: Seven Questions and Answers. Public Personnel Management, 31(1), 7.
- Avery, C., and Zabel D. (1996). The Quality Management Sourcebook: An International Guide to Materials and Resources. New York: Routledge.
- Chen, G. (2005). Management Practices and Tools for Enhancing Organizational Learning Capability. SAM Advanced Management Journal 70.1, p.4+.
- Jackson, H., and Eckersley P., eds. (2003). E-Business Fundamentals: Managing Organisations in the Electronic Age. New York: Routledge.
- Katz, R. (2003) The human side of managing technological innovation (2nd ed.) New York: Oxford University Press
Cite this Term Paper:
Technology's Impact on Organizational Performance (2008, June 24) Retrieved March 26, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/technology-impact-on-organizational-performance-104831/
"Technology's Impact on Organizational Performance" 24 June 2008. Web. 26 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/technology-impact-on-organizational-performance-104831/>