Technological Influences on Education
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses in detail how technology has influenced and enhanced many aspects of education. The paper then looks at the arguments against the use of technology and discusses the viewpoint that more time is being spent on learning to use technology rather than actually using technology to learn. The paper shows the importance of teachers utilizing technology as an aid, not as a substitute. The paper concludes that, if used correctly, efficiently and in moderation, technology can create many wonderful opportunities to strengthen the learning process.
From the Paper:"Classrooms in early America were drastically different from classrooms today. The old type of schoolroom, which relied on basics (simple textbooks and standard writing utensils), has been replaced by one oozing of the latest technological advancements. Anyone who enters a classroom in schools today will clearly notice that technology plays a huge part. While computers tend to be the most common, technology comes in many different forms, ranging from calculators to voice recognition tools. But no matter what, whether simply a television set or a telephone, or something more advanced like spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations on the computer, technology has many positive effects when incorporated in the classroom. Skills and attributes can greatly be enriched when students are given the opportunity to learn using technology."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Chaika, Glori. "Technology in Schools: It Does Make A Difference." Education World 02 Aug. 99. http://ww.eduation wolrd.com/a_admin/admin121.shtml
- Chaika, Glori. "Technology in Schools: Some Say It Doesn't Compute." Education World 02 Aug. 99 http://wwweducationworld.com/a_admin/admin121.shtml
- Cradler, J. "How Does Technology Influence Student Learning," Learning And Leading With Technology. Vol. 29, No. 8, May 2002, p.p. 46-49
- Marcus, Alan I., Technology in America: A Brief History. New York: Harcourt Brace (1989).
- Hetzner, Amy. "Is Technology in Schools the Future or Just a Fad?" Journal Sentinel 20 Aug. 2005 http://ww.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=349816
Cite this Term Paper:
Technological Influences on Education (2008, July 09) Retrieved June 17, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/technological-influences-on-education-105522/
"Technological Influences on Education" 09 July 2008. Web. 17 June. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/technological-influences-on-education-105522/>