$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses teamwork and leadership issues as they relate to organizations. It compares teamwork in organizations to teamwork in sports and discusses how it is important for effective management in both scenarios. It describes the positive effects that effective leaders can have, such as enhancing internal morale and motivation. The paper concludes by listing ten areas that should be stressed in winning organizations.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Kinlaw, Dennis. Coaching for Commitment: Managerial Strategies for Obtaining Superior Performance. San Diego: Pfeiffer, 1989.
- Martinek, T.J. Pygmalion in the gym: a model for the communication of teacher expectations in physical education. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport (1981) 52.1: 58-67.
- Peters, Thomas, and Robert Watermann, Jr., In Search of Excellence New York: Harper & Row, 1982
- Peters, Thomas. The search for excellence continues.(business management; Public Life. Forbes. (1996) 158.13: 238-241.(3).
- Rosenthal, R., and Jacobson, L. Pygmalion in the Classroom: Teacher expectations and pupil's intellectual development. New York: Holt, Rinehart, Winston, 1968.
Cite this Term Paper:
Team Performance (2007, July 13) Retrieved June 06, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/team-performance-96666/
"Team Performance" 13 July 2007. Web. 06 June. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/team-performance-96666/>