Stratospheric Ozone Protection
A detailed account of the Environmental Protection Agency's Stratospheric Ozone Protection Division from its inception until its current state.
# 95452 | 2,653 words | 16 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on May 23, 2007 in Environmental Studies (Economics and Policy) , Political Science (Government Agencies) , Environmental Studies (Air Pollution) , Economics (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper investigates the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Stratospheric Ozone Protection Division (SPD), which is designed to reduce the emissions of ozone depleting substances (ODSs). The paper discusses the methods used for implementation of various ODS-reducing programs and touches on agency accountability, as well as industry compliance. The paper analyzes the effectiveness of the program.
Table of Contents:
Table of Contents:
From the Paper:"According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) the primary purposes of the Stratospheric Ozone Protection Division (SPD) are to protect and restore the ozone layer and to reduce the rate of skin cancer (Environmental Protection Agency [EPA]), 2007). The Stratospheric Ozone Protection Division has implemented a variety of programs designed to protect the ozone layer. The momentum for the development of these programs can primarily be sourced to the Montreal Protocol and the Clean Air Act (CAA). The majority of these programs are designed to reduce or eliminate the emission of ozone depleting substances (ODS)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Fitch Ratings Report on Emissions Trading. (12/07/2004). Retrieved April 17, 2007 from http://www.global-change.com/articles.asp
- JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH, VOL. 108, NO. D21, 2003. Regional-scale chemical transport modeling in support of the analysis of observations obtained during the TRACE-P experiment. (2007). Retrieved 04/09/2007 from http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2003/2002JD003117.shtml
- NYMEX Clearport. Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) Emissions Futures. (2007). Retrieved 04/09/2007 from http://www.nymex.com/RN_desc.aspx
- Chief Financial Officer. Budget. (04/17/2007). Retrieved April 20, 2007 from http://www.epa.gov/budget/2008/2008bib.pdf
- Contents of the SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2003. (2007). Retrieved April 9, 2007 from http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2003/
Cite this Term Paper:
Stratospheric Ozone Protection (2007, May 23) Retrieved August 08, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/stratospheric-ozone-protection-95452/
"Stratospheric Ozone Protection" 23 May 2007. Web. 08 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/stratospheric-ozone-protection-95452/>