Social Work: Help for the Family
An overview of the social services available and appropriate for a family with significant social and psychological issues, using the family in Augusten Burroughs' "Running with Scissors" as a sample case.
# 105961 | 2,925 words | 10 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Jul 22, 2008 in Sociology (Social Work) , Child, Youth Issues (Family Issues) , Child, Youth Issues (Teen, Adult Issues) , Film (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the social services that should be provided when a family is undergoing psychological difficulties to both the family as a whole and to the children so as to ensure a healthy and safe environment. The writer describes the broken family situation in Augusten Burroughs' "Running with Scissors" and then discusses the best strategy for ultimately uniting the mother with her son, and the different agencies that will be involved in accomplishing this.
Summary of the Case
Summary of the Case
From the Paper:"According to this purpose of acting in the child's best interest, the initiative is a new approach to the well-being of children and young people from birth to age nineteen. Therefore, all services provided in this case must be viewed as part of a multi-agency strategic approach focused on the coordinated action of numerous agencies driven by an analysis of all the party's priorities and secured through a coordinated and integrated frontline delivery, processes, strategy and governance."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bostock, L., Bairstow, S, Fish, S, and MacLeod, F. (2005). Managing Risk and Minimizing Mistakes in Services to Children and Famalies. London: SCIE.
- Brayne, H. and Carr, H. (2005). Law for Social Workers (9th Ed.) Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Calder, M. and Hackett, S. (2003). Assessment in Child Care. Lyme Regis: RHP.
- Holland, S. (2004). Child and Family Assessment in Social Work Practice. London: SAGE.
- Horwath, J. (2002). The Child's World: Assessing Children in Need. London: Jessica Kingsley.
Cite this Term Paper:
Social Work: Help for the Family (2008, July 22) Retrieved July 11, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/social-work-help-for-the-family-105961/
"Social Work: Help for the Family" 22 July 2008. Web. 11 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/social-work-help-for-the-family-105961/>