$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper provides an introduction to social networks and their applications and then focuses on social networking sites for business purposes and for meeting other people. The paper discusses social networks that give participants the ability to express their opinions about products and services anonymously and those that allow sellers to increase their customer base. The paper considers the advantages and disadvantages of these sites and concludes by warning users to do a thorough research before following any advice they receive.
Saving Money and Time
Saving Money and Time
From the Paper:"Some social networks are on a small scale with a limited number of members and restricted to specific groups such as a business, sports club or professional body; while, other networks are global with an infinite number of participants around the global communicating in multiple languages and several mediums including text, graphics and videos. Many of these social networks have network specific lingo unique to the specific network - only the members of the network know the meaning. Today, social networks deliver the entire gamut of content ranging from gossip and entertainment; to e-learning and personal development; to legal and medical advice. Internet users looking to find other people, with similar interests, to network with do not have to look far for a social network that fulfils their needs. If an individual or group is not able to find exactly what they are looking for, in social networking, they can readily develop a networking site at the nominal fee that hosting sites charge."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Cathcart, Rebecca. (July 2, 2009). Judge Throws Out Conviction in Cyberbullying Case. The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/03/ us/03bully.html?_r=1&ref=lori_drew
- Dictionary.com. An Ask.com Service. (2010). Social Network Definition. Communications Computing Dictionary. Retrieved from http://dictionary.reference.com/ browse/social+network
- Graham-Harrison, Emma. (Aug 6, 2009). Reuters. Edition: U.S. China probes Internet bootcamp after teen dies. Retrieved from http://www.reuters.com/ article/idUSTRE5750K520090806
- Helium.com. Where Knowledge Rules. (2010). Join The Discussion With Online Writers. Retrieved from http://www.helium.com/smf/index.php?board=268.00
- TradeStation Group, Inc., (2010) Company profile. About TradeStation Group, Inc., available online at http://www.tradestation.com/aboutus/comp_profile.shtm Last accessed 02/20/2010.
Cite this Term Paper:
Social Networking Sites: Uses, Pros and Cons (2010, December 13) Retrieved September 24, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/social-networking-sites-uses-pros-and-cons-146014/
"Social Networking Sites: Uses, Pros and Cons" 13 December 2010. Web. 24 September. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/social-networking-sites-uses-pros-and-cons-146014/>