Roswell: Buried Secrets Term Paper by Jay Writtings LLC
Roswell: Buried Secrets
An essay on the alleged 1947 flying saucer crash 1947 in Roswell, New Mexico.
# 119653 | 2,157 words | 10 sources | MLA | 2010 |
Published on May 14, 2010 in History (U.S. After 1865) , Geology and Geophysics (Planetology) , History (U.S. Baby Boom Years 1945-1965) , Astronomy (General) , Aviation, Aeronautics (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper suggests that the United States government covered up the recovery of extraterrestrial beings after the reported flying saucer crash that occurred on July 5, 1947. It includes information about the farmer who claims to have seen the extraterrestrials first hand and how the US Air Force still continue to change the story. The author argues that instead of denying their existence, scientists, scholars, and the government should should share the information, study it, and learn from it.
From the Paper:"Marcel reported what he believed to be the leftovers of a flying saucer. Quickly, the military closed off the area for a number of days and collected the pieces. First, it was taken to Roswell Army Air Field. Eventually, it was delivered via B-29 and C-54 aircraft to Dayton, Ohio's Wright Field. Roswell Army Air Field was the home of the 509th Bomb Group, which was the only atomic bomb group in the world. Jesse Marcel was the intelligence officer for them. Everybody in that group was handpicked for their credibility and elite qualifications.
"Following the examination of the debris, Colonel William Blanchard, Commander of the Bomb Group, ordered press officer, Walter Haut, to issue a press release. Haut, now 75 years old, remembered Blanchard saying, "We have in our possession a flying saucer. This thing crashed north of Roswell, and we've shipped it all to General Ramey, 8th Air Force at Forth Worth" (qtd. in Jaroff). On July 8, 1947, Haut's press release was released with a bang, "RAAF CAPTURES FLYING SAUCER ON RANCH IN ROSWELL REGION." It was transmitted over wire services, quickly enough to make headlines in over 3- U.S. afternoon newspapers that same day (Jeffrey). Roswell would never be the same."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Handy, Bruce. "Roswell or Bust." TIME. 23 Jun. 1997. 5 Nov. 2007 <http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,986566-3,00.html>. Bruce Handy discusses how different cities are famous for different things like plants or birthplaces of celebrities; however, Roswell is famous for something more spectacular, the UFO incident in 1947.
- "History of Roswell." The History Channel. 2006. A&E Television Networks. 1 Nov. 2007 <http://www.history.com>. Path: Topics; Mysteries of History; UFOs; Roswell. History Channel explains the series of events surrounding Roswell, New Mexico's UFO controversy.
- Jaroff, Leon. "Did Aliens Really Land?" TIME. 23 Jun. 1997. 5 Nov. 2007 <http://www.time.com/time/Magazine/article/0,9171,9865,00.html>. Time Magazine goes through the Roswell UFO incident that took place in 1947. This article examines all of the details of the event, giving information about specific times, dates, and people involved.
- Jeffrey, Kent. "Roswell: The Whole Story - Time for the Truth About Roswell." UFO Evidence. 5 Nov. 2007 <http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc375.htm>. The point of this article is to summarize details of the event, letting people know the truth about what happened in Roswell, New Mexico.
- "Prominent Leaders Acknowledge Existence of UFOs." Channel 8 I-Team. Eyewitness News. KLAS-TV, Las Vegas. 7 Jul. 2007. This is a news broadcast that shows pictures of influential people from The United States (i.e. presidents, scientists, etc.) that believed in extraterrestrials. In the Background, they played footage of the people saying various quotes regarding other planets and extraterrestrial life.
Cite this Term Paper:
Roswell: Buried Secrets (2010, May 14) Retrieved March 21, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/roswell-buried-secrets-119653/
"Roswell: Buried Secrets" 14 May 2010. Web. 21 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/roswell-buried-secrets-119653/>