Recruiting People to the Organization
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains the importance of managing human resources effectively to create a successful company. It goes on to explain that it is imperative to develop an effective strategy for recruitment and provides suggestions as to how a company can identify attributes. The paper also points out that after recruitment the company still has the task of managing the new employee's induction into the company.
From the Paper:''For any company to succeed, it is essential to manage human resources effectively, and for a company to be the best, it needs to employ the best talent. Hence it is imperative to have a strategy of selection and recruitment that lays focus on efforts to attract, develop and retain the work force. If the recruitment process in an organization is done in the right spirit, it becomes a significant investment and boon for the company and if done ineffectively it can become the start of a string of recurrent problems to the detriment of both employers and employees. Hence the relationships of employment must start on the right footing.
Recruitment is described as "the set of activities and processes used to legally obtain a sufficient number of qualified people at the right place and time so that the people and the organization can select each other in their own best short and long term interests". For Human resource professionals, recruitment is the most challenging task since the organization's performance is dependent on the effectiveness of recruitment exercises. Hence organizations consistently strive to hire the best available talent for their functions. Essentially a recruitment strategy can succeed only if it is well planned and effective enough to attract the maximum number of qualified candidates for the job vacancy.''
Sample of Sources Used:
- Adler Lou, How to Recruit Young Professionals, June 2006, http://www.ere.net/2006/06/02/how-to-recruit-young-professionals, Accessed on 9.9.08
- Are You an Employer?, http://www.worksite.govt.nz/en/looking-for-staff/, Accessed on 6.9.08
- Cook Mark, Personnel Selection: adding value Through People, 2003, Chichester, Wiley
- Hunt Steven, Culture-Based Recruiting, Part Two: Identify How Your Company Is Different, http://hiring.monster.com/resourcecenter/culture_recruiting_strategy.aspx, Accessed on 10.9.08
- New Zealand-Overview, The Times Business Online, http://www.bcglocations.com/newzealand/newzealand_intro.html, Accessed on 06.9.08
Cite this Term Paper:
Recruiting People to the Organization (2011, June 28) Retrieved January 19, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/recruiting-people-to-the-organization-147762/
"Recruiting People to the Organization" 28 June 2011. Web. 19 January. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/recruiting-people-to-the-organization-147762/>