Rapid Prototyping Technologies
A look at recent developments in rapid prototyping technology, specifically in the biomedical field.
# 116216 | 1,606 words | 29 sources | MLA | 2009 |
Published on Sep 01, 2009 in Engineering (Bioengineering) , Biology (Biotechnology) , Computer and Technology (Technology) , Medical and Health (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses computer aided technologies in product design and manufacturing and focuses on their application in the biomedical field. The paper deals with the rapid prototyping technique's effects on the production of drugs, organ transplants, the creation of artificial body tissues and radiography techniques. The paper highlights how these computer aided technologies simplify complex manufacturing processes.
From the Paper:"According to Avallone, Baumeister, Sadegh and Simeon Marks (1) rapid prototyping is a kind of modern technology that involves making of virtual objects over the computers and then using the ideas to make a real object. Since the technology began around the 1980s it has been used to produce a number of products in various fields of manufacturing either in large scale or in small scale (Kusiak, p1-4). This includes the production in foods, mechanical equipments, learning materials, agricultural materials, art objects and medical products among others."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Atala A and Mooney D. Synthetic Biodegradable Polymer Scaffolds. Springer, 1997.
- Avallone E. A, Baumeister T, Sadegh A and Simeon Marks L. Marks' standard handbook for mechanical engineers. 11th edition. McGraw-Hill Professional, 2006.Oberg E, Jones.
- Bidanda B and Bartolo P. Virtual Prototyping & Bio Manufacturing in Medical Applications. Springer publishers, 2007.
- Bonfield W. Biomaterials and tissue engineering - a new medical horizon. Institution of mechanical engineers.London. P1-4. 1999.
- Bronzino J. Tissue Engineering and Artificial Organs. 3rd edition. CRC Press, 2006.
Cite this Term Paper:
Rapid Prototyping Technologies (2009, September 01) Retrieved September 29, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/rapid-prototyping-technologies-116216/
"Rapid Prototyping Technologies" 01 September 2009. Web. 29 September. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/rapid-prototyping-technologies-116216/>