Race and Ethnicity Today
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses how race and ethnicity significantly impact social and political life in the Unite States, from discrimination in the workplace to racial profiling in law enforcement. The paper discusses how, due to its its impact at every level of American society, racial discrimination generates political debate and has produced positive government responses such as affirmative action and negative responses such as racial profiling.
From the Paper:"In order to reduce the impact of racial discrimination, affirmative action policies have been created and implemented all across the United States. According to Truesdell (2001) these policies are designed to establish result-oriented programs in which employers and managers can commit their good faith efforts towards pursuing, attaining, and maintaining equal employment opportunities for their fellow managers, their employees, and for all people seeking employment with their company or organization, regardless of race, gender, or religion."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Barstow, David, and Kocieniewski, David. (October 12, 2000). "Records Show New Jersey Police Knew of Racial Profiling in 1996." The New York Times.
- Bergmann, Barbara. (1997). In Defense of Affirmative Action. New York: Harper Collins.
- Daley, Edward. (June 10, 1996). "Police Power to Stop Motorists Upheld." USA Today.
- Garber, Andrew. (June 16, 2000). "Councilman Wants City Policy against Racial Profiling." Seattle Times.
- Rudenstine, Neil. (January 1996). "The President's Report on Diversity and Learning". Harvard University..
Cite this Term Paper:
Race and Ethnicity Today (2008, May 27) Retrieved December 02, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/race-and-ethnicity-today-103805/
"Race and Ethnicity Today" 27 May 2008. Web. 02 December. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/race-and-ethnicity-today-103805/>