$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses quantum tunneling, which is a function of quantum-mechanical activity in the instance where a particle moves against potential energy and appears on the other side of the energy barrier. The paper describes the theory behind quantum tunneling. It focuses on the Esaki diode and looks at its potential uses now and in the future.
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Barrier Penetration." Hyperphysics. 2006. <http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/quantum/barr.html>.
- "Quantum Tunneling." Canada Connects: Quantum Physics. September 4, 2006. <http://www.canadaconnects.ca/quantumphysics/10067/10074/>.
- "Sony History: The Esaki Diode." Sony History. 2007. <http://www.sony.net/Fun/SH/1-7/h5.html>.
- Scrupski, Steve. "Wide Application of Esaki Diode Near." Electronic Design. March 6, 2000.
- Scrupski, Steve. "General Electric Transister Manual: The Fifth Edition." Electronic Design. October 2, 2000.
Cite this Term Paper:
Quantum Tunneling (2007, August 24) Retrieved April 08, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/quantum-tunneling-97549/
"Quantum Tunneling" 24 August 2007. Web. 08 April. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/quantum-tunneling-97549/>