Protection From Radiation Term Paper by Peter Pen
Protection From Radiation
This paper looks at health and safety regulations that protect the public from radiation exposure.
# 109730 | 1,220 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2008
Published on Dec 07, 2008 in Physics (Nuclear) , Medical and Health (First Aid and Safety)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses the radiological health program (RHP) that has been mandated to control the uses of radiation and to protect the public's health and safety and the environment from accidental and avoidable radiation exposure. The paper also examines the response to the Chernobyl accident and the ensuing establishment of the international nuclear safety program (INSP) and highlights the advancements that have been made in the technology of nuclear safety.
From the Paper:"Health is a key factor in the scope of any kind of nuclear services or work. Many steps are taken to ensure that each individual is protected as much as possible when involved in dealing with any type of radiation. A program called The Radiological Health Program has been established to set guidelines and regulations that protect the public and keep all involved safe.
"The Radiological Health Program (RHP) has been mandated to control the uses of radiation and to protect the publics' health and safety and the environment from accidental and avoidable radiation exposure. This has been accomplished through the registration of radiation (x-ray) machines, licensing of radioactive materials, inspections, and enforcement actions, to ensure total regulatory compliance."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "The New Reactors," Nuclear News, A Publication of the American Nuclear Society, Vol. 35, No. 12, September 1992.
- "Reactor Safety Issues Resolved by the 2D/3D Program," International Agreement Report, NUREG/IA-0127, July 1993.
- CRDP: Chernobyl Recovery and Development Programme (United Nations Development Program).
- "Investigation into the March 28, 1979 Three Mile Island Accident by the Office of Inspection and Enforcement," NUREG-0600
- "Testing a Passive Autocatalytic Recombiner in the Surtsey Facility," Volume 129 - Number 3 - March 2000 - Pages 356-373
Cite this Term Paper:
Protection From Radiation (2008, December 07) Retrieved March 21, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/protection-from-radiation-109730/
"Protection From Radiation" 07 December 2008. Web. 21 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/protection-from-radiation-109730/>