Problems in Multicultural Leadership
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper defines multicultural groups as groups of people having different perceptions on moral and cultural ideas and values. The paper identifies specific sources of conflict within said groups and proposes various means of solving them, such as interventions. This paper also uses interpretations of passages from the bible to provide potential solutions for problems in multicultural leadership.
From the Paper:"Even though the manager is dealing with a diverse group, he must first and foremost be prepared to address the diversity of personalities that exist with and because of multiculturalism, which the group provides. First off he must both recognize and communicate to the group the advantages of a diversity of cultural perspectives (Flynn 2001), as far as how to make the group operations and results more efficient. Through consistent evaluation of group performance and results, and including the group in those assessment processes can the manager more effectively lead those multicultural groups and avoid conflict (Jehn 2000). "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Chatman, Jennifer A., Jeffrey T. Polzer, Sigal G. Barsade, and Margaret A. Neale. "Being different yet feeling similar: the influence of demographic composition and organizational culture on work processes and outcomes." Administrative Science Quarterly 43.4 (Dec 1998): 749(3).
- Church, Allan H. "Diversity in workgroup settings: a case study." Leadership & Organization Development Journal 16.n6 (June 1995): 3(7).
- Dreachslin, Janice L. "Diversity management and cultural competence: research, practice, and the business case.(DIVERSITY)(Column)." Journal of Healthcare Management 52.2 (March-April 2007): 79(8).
- Flynn, Francis J., Jennifer A. Chatman, and Sandra E. Spataro. "Getting to know you: The influence of personality on impressions and performance of demographically different people in organizations." Administrative Science Quarterly 46.3 (Sept 2001): 414(32).
- Hendry, John. "Cultural theory and contemporary management organization." Human Relations 52.5 (May 1999): 557(2).
Cite this Term Paper:
Problems in Multicultural Leadership (2009, October 14) Retrieved September 18, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/problems-in-multicultural-leadership-116608/
"Problems in Multicultural Leadership" 14 October 2009. Web. 18 September. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/problems-in-multicultural-leadership-116608/>