$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the work of Michael D. Resnik on critical thought dedicated to development of logic models and carries on to examine the basic premise to IT user competency logic models. The paper includes explanations and diagrams of abductive reasoning, formalization of deductive logic and abductive logic systems paths.
From the Paper:''The application of multi-dimensional scaling into the taxonomic decision making in artificial intelligence (AI) programs where examined in cognitive research, is largely focused on temporal factors leading to correlation between taxonomic interface, and comparative, inductive inception and subsequent deductive analysis. If inductive judgments stem from what is 'similar,' then deductive reasoning is interested in validity in logic and the reduction of non-variable outputs (Heit, 2010). In human cognitive research, the connection between the two reasoning patterns constitutes correlation, yet where artificial intelligence is also a variable to those inquires, correlates appear in a sphere of relational patterns that may only be attributed meaning through rational selection.
''Distinctions in judgment once integrated into artificial memory processes that 'know' and 'remember' is where advancements in IT systems logics enabled the shift from deductive reasoning seen in humans, to abductive logics through systemization of large repositories of informatics in database related internet search engine functions. The formula to open ended, abductive logic used in the development of software database interfaces which promote efficiency in our searches is seen in Figure 1.''
Sample of Sources Used:
- De Tienne, A. (2005). Information information: A Piercean approach. Cognitio: Revista de Filosofia 6 (2), 149-165.
- Heit, E. and Rotello, C.M. (2010). Relations Between Inductive Reasoning and Deductive Reasoning. Journal of Experimental Psychology / Learning, Memory & Cognition, 36 (3) May 2010, 805-812, 8p; DOI: 10.1037/a0018784
- Meyers, S. (1995). Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type. Mountain View, CA: Davies-Black Publishing.
- Resnick, M.D. (1970). Elementary Logic. Columbus, OH: McGraw Hill.
- Ross, J. M. (2010). Informatics Creativity: A Role for Abductive Reasoning?. Communications of the ACM, 53 (2) February 2010, 144-148
Cite this Term Paper:
Post-Resnick Logic (2013, May 02) Retrieved July 10, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/post-resnick-logic-153037/
"Post-Resnick Logic" 02 May 2013. Web. 10 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/post-resnick-logic-153037/>