Positive Impact of the Environment on Families
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses how environments affect the quality of family life. The author goes with the assumption that families choose where they live in order to earn a living and secure an education. The paper explains how the environment plays a critical role in shaping the type of lifestyles that will be experienced by American families and discusses the positive and negative impacts of the environment on American families today.
Review and Discussion
Review and Discussion
From the Paper:"Today, families across America are living in widely different environments, with some preferring the fast-paced lifestyles that characterize urban settings while others enjoy the pastoral qualities of country living. In many cases, though, families live where they have to in order to earn a living and secure an education. Wherever they live, it is not surprising that the environment will have a profound impact on the quality of family life. While some families become stronger and more closely knit as a result of a less than desirable environment, others may respond by self-destructive behaviors and dissolve into a disparate collection of people bound only by name."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Brookshire, J. E. (1997). The delicate art of balance - Ruminations on change and expectancy in local land use. William and Mary Law Review, 38(3), 1047-1098.
- Clapson, M. (2003). Suburban century: Social change and urban growth in England and the USA. New York: Berg.
- Garman, S. (2002, January-February). The hope and risk of new urbanism. Public Management, 84(1), 10.
- Levine, D. G. & Upton, A. C. (1998). The city as a human environment. Westport, CT: Praeger.
- Lucas, S. (2002). From Levittown to Luther Village: Retirement communities and the changing suburban dream. Canadian Journal of Urban Research, 11(2), 323.
Cite this Term Paper:
Positive Impact of the Environment on Families (2009, February 08) Retrieved July 04, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/positive-impact-of-the-environment-on-families-112012/
"Positive Impact of the Environment on Families" 08 February 2009. Web. 04 July. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/positive-impact-of-the-environment-on-families-112012/>