Positive Behavioral Support
This paper is an in-depth examination of past research with regard to positive behavioral support (PBS) and its functionality.
# 105554 | 4,567 words | 46 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Jul 10, 2008 in Education (Curriculum) , Education (Development Studies) , Education (Education Psychology) , Education (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper presents an exhaustive literature review about positive behavioral support in the classroom. The writer explores published literature about positive behavior support and its components for the purpose of setting the stage for a complete study into the impact of an in-service teacher educational program on selected student behaviors that are deemed inappropriate.
From the Paper:"Elements including practicality, logical aspect of the solution and other things were asked to be considered for the final brainstorming session.
"The school staff ended up with a list of strategies that it believed would work. The staff members also removed any suggested strategies that they believed would fail to get the desired behavior or effect. In addition any suggested strategy that the staff believed would not in the end be practical to implement or use was also removed from the strategy list."
Sample of Sources Used:
- IDEA Requirements for Use of PBS: Guidelines for Responsible Agencies.(Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, positive behavioral interventions and supports) From: Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions Date: January 1, 2001 Author: Stowe, Matthew; Turnbull, Ann P.; Turnbull, H. Rutherford III,; Wilcox, Brennan L. More results for: Positive Behavioral Support students
- Personal paradigm shifts in PBS experts: perceptions of treatment acceptability of decelerative consequence-based behavioral procedures.(positive behavior supports) From: Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions Date: March 22, 2005 Author: Brown, Fredda; Michaels, Craig A.; Mirabella, Niki More results for: Positive Behavioral Support students
- A Schoolwide Example of Positive Behavioral Support. From: Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions Date: March 22, 2001 Author: Scott, Terrance M. More results for: Positive Behavioral Support students
- Behavior intervention planning and implementation of positive behavioral support plans: an examination of states' adherence to standards for practice. From: Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions Date: September 22, 2006 Author: Barretto, Anjali; Derby, K. Mark; Killu, Kim; Weber, Kimberly P. More results for: Positive Behavioral Support students
- Improving children's educational outcomes by advancing assessment and intervention practices: an overview of the special series.(SPECIAL TOPIC) From: School Psychology Review Date: January 1, 2005 Author: Eckert, Tanya L. More results for: "Positive Behavioral Support" theory students
Cite this Term Paper:
Positive Behavioral Support (2008, July 10) Retrieved August 23, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/positive-behavioral-support-105554/
"Positive Behavioral Support" 10 July 2008. Web. 23 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/positive-behavioral-support-105554/>