Peer-to-Peer Streaming Architecture
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains the benefits, underlying principles and possible approaches to implementing peer-to-peer streaming architecture. The paper details the Zigzag approach, which not only optimizes performance but also provides for a check-and-balance to ensure that the media stream stays in the system for a long enough period. The paper stresses that implementing peer-to-peer streaming architecture also requires knowledge of the involved network protocols.
From the Paper:"Steaming media is especially important nowadays because the presentations or outputs displayed on the Internet are not only words in the form of texts or static pictures and graphics but archived or live audio and video feeds. Aside from this, the advent of instant messaging combined with audio and video sharing is becoming a norm - Yahoo! Messenger made these standard features in their version 9 with voice calls, webcam video, etc. What makes peer-to-peer streaming architecture critical to applications recently mentioned is that it allows huge or mega files to be broadcast over the Internet either in real-time or retrieval in archive mode."
Sample of Sources Used:
- All-Streaming-Media.Com. Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Streaming Systems. 2008. 30 November 2008. <http://all-streaming-media.com/faq/p2p-streaming/Peer-to-Peer-p2p-streaming-systems.htm>.
- McGarthwaite, Lisa. "Client-Server versus Peer-to-Peer Architecture: Comparisons for Streaming Video." Proceedings of the 5thWinona Computer Science Undergraduate Research Seminar, April 20-21, 2005, Winona, MN, US. 30 November 2008. <http://cs.winona.edu/CSConference/2005proceedings/lisa.pdf>.
- Tran, Duc A., Kien A. Hua and Tai T. Do. "A Peer-to-Peer Architecture for Media Streaming." Journal of Selected Areas in Communications 1. 2004. 30 November 2008. <http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/labs/danss/p2p/resources/a-peer-to-peer-architecture-for-media-streaming.pdf>.
- Wu, Gang and Tzi-cker Chiueh. Peer to Peer File Download and Streaming. 14 June 2005. 30 November 2008. <http://www.ecsl.cs.sunysb.edu/tr/TR186_RPE.pdf>.
- Zimmermann, Roger and Leslie S. Liu. Peer-to-Peer Streaming - Streaming P2P Architectures, Streaming Process, Peer-to-Peer System Operation, Service Discovery and Content Search. 2008. 30 November 2008. <http://encyclopedia.jrank.org/articles/pages/6858/Peer-to-Peer-Streaming.html
Cite this Term Paper:
Peer-to-Peer Streaming Architecture (2010, October 19) Retrieved June 02, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/peer-to-peer-streaming-architecture-144931/
"Peer-to-Peer Streaming Architecture" 19 October 2010. Web. 02 June. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/peer-to-peer-streaming-architecture-144931/>