Organizational Change in Education Term Paper by Quality Writers
Organizational Change in Education
An analysis of the issues concerning organizational change and transformation leadership in the educational system.
# 100427 | 1,300 words | 10 sources | APA | 2007 |
Published on Dec 28, 2007 in Business (Management) , Education (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper reviews pertinent articles that are related to the topics of educational change and transformational leadership and discusses the historical findings of researchers in both areas. In relation to organizational change, it provides information on how change occurs in the educational system and the various approaches to change that have been considered and that have been successful. In relation to leadership the paper also discusses the elements of leadership that are required to ensure that change is effective.
From the Paper:"Simsek and Louis (1994) discuss that change within the common educational environment occurs as that change is needed and is not generally focused on change throughout the entire organization (p. 670). This is because most educational systems become accustomed to the framework for the organization and only determine that change is necessary in relation to and because of a specific issue. Hagner and Murphy (1989) support this belief and stipulate that this is often because of the financial restraints that are placed on educational organizations (p. 68). These economic concerns often lead the institution in any type "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bass. B. (2000). The future of leadership in learning organizations. Journal of Leadership Studies. 7(3): 18-25.
- Bloom, S., Bullion, P. and Caldwell, S. (1998). An integrated model for school change. Phi Delta Kappan. 79(5): 411-416.
- Carless, S. (1998). Gender differences in transformational leadership: An examination of superior, leader and subordinate perspectives. Sex Roles: A Journal of Research. 39(11-12): 887-912.
- Hagner, D., and Murphy, S. (1989). Closing the shop on sheltered work: Case studies of organizational change. The Journal of Rehabilitation. 55(3): 68-75.
- Hanson, C. (2003). Globalizing the community college: Strategies for change in the twenty-first century. Journal of Higher Education. 74(3): 357-361.
Cite this Term Paper:
Organizational Change in Education (2007, December 28) Retrieved March 26, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/organizational-change-in-education-100427/
"Organizational Change in Education" 28 December 2007. Web. 26 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/organizational-change-in-education-100427/>