Organic Farming: Advantages and Disadvantages
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the debate over organic farming and discusses the advantages and disadvantages that are associated with it. The paper specifically focuses on whether organic farming is a viable and ecologically beneficial method of food production and looks at whether the method should be improved and expanded on over the coming years.
From the Paper:"In conclusion, organic farming has been proven to be a viable and ecologically beneficial method of food production and should be improved and expanded over the coming years. Improving and expanding organic farming is becoming increasingly necessary because food contamination, pollution, biodiversity declines, and deteriorating working conditions for farmers demonstrate that the world must develop a much more sustainable approach to agriculture.
"Critics claim that organic farming is not viable, primarily because it reduces crop yields and is inefficient in a variety of ways. But fallacious logic can be seen in many of their arguments, for study after study has shown that organic farming actually increases crop yields. This evidence refutes the primary argument of critics, many of whom are not objective anyway because they are affiliated with agribusiness conglomerates which profit from conventional farming and which are opposing organic farming simply because it reduces their business profits."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Kirby, Alex. "Organic Farming 'A Real Choice'". BBC News. May 30, 2002.
- "Organic Farming and Marketing." USDA. United States Department of Agriculture. Online. Available: http://www.ers.usda.gov/Briefing/Organic/. 9 June 2007.
- Randerson, James. "Organic Farming Boosts Biodiversity." New Scientist. 11 October 2004.
- Vasilikiotis, Cristos. "Can Organic Farming 'Feed the World?'" Energy Bulletin. University of California, January 31, 2001.
- Weiguang, Simon. "Syngenta/Organic Farming: Making an Informed Choice." Class Material.
Cite this Term Paper:
Organic Farming: Advantages and Disadvantages (2008, June 17) Retrieved August 13, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/organic-farming-advantages-and-disadvantages-104534/
"Organic Farming: Advantages and Disadvantages" 17 June 2008. Web. 13 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/organic-farming-advantages-and-disadvantages-104534/>