$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the importance of mental health recovery programs, further focusing on the importance of evaluating a program's effectiveness. The paper defines the goals of recovery using the 10 Fundamental Components of Recovery. These are presented in a list format. Then, the paper emphasizes and defines self-management, in which the ideas of recovery and turn them into practical tools of everyday living. This includes a list of the components of a Wellness Recovery Action Plan, or WRAP. The paper concludes with a lengthy discussion of the importance of WRAP in recovery, citing that the patient's involvement with its plan is crucial to recovery.
From the Paper:"Although mental health programs have become a global concern, one of the barriers to progress is the amount of evidence about effectiveness and cost effectiveness of these programs. Although it is known that there are effective treatments, there is less evidence about how to effectively the delivery of these programs is. It has been observed that there is variation in the symptoms and severity of the treatment needs of people utilizing mental health programs. This makes evaluation of programs most needed to make sure that everyone is getting the help that they need (Dewa, Hoch, Carmen, Guscott, and Anderson, 2009).
"Mental health recovery is a journey of healing and transformation that enables a person with a mental health problem to live a meaningful life within the community, while striving to achieve his or her full potential. There are 10 Fundamental Components of Recovery that have been identified..."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Davidson, Laurie. (2005). Recovery,self management and the expert patient - Changing the culture of mental health from a UK perspective. Journal of Mental Health, 14(1), 25-35.
- Dewa, Carolyn S., Hoch, Jeffrey S., Carmen, Glenn, Guscott, Richard, and Anderson, Chris. (2009). Cost, Effectiveness, and Cost-Effectiveness of a Collaborative Mental Health Care Program for People Receiving Short-Term Disability Benefits for Psychiatric Disorders. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 54(6), 379-388.
- Dimmitt, Carey. (2009). Why Evaluation Matters: Determining Effective School Counseling Practices. Professional School Counseling, 12(6), 395-399.
- National Consensus Statement on Mental Health Recovery. (n.d.). Retrieved September 18, 2009, from National Mental Health Information Center Web site: http://mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/publications/allpubs/sma05-4129/
- Recovery. (2007). Retrieved September 19, 2009, from Mental Health Foundation Web site: http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/information/mental-health-a-z/recovery/
Cite this Term Paper:
Mental Health Recovery Program (2012, March 28) Retrieved November 18, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/mental-health-recovery-program-150645/
"Mental Health Recovery Program" 28 March 2012. Web. 18 November. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/mental-health-recovery-program-150645/>