Medicare and Medicaid
This paper looks at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), the largest health care service provider in the United States.
# 101674 | 1,239 words | 5 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Feb 28, 2008 in Political Science (Government Agencies) , Medical and Health (Public Health Issues) , Political Science (Social Security and Welfare)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses the beginnings of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). The paper describes the agencies' significant role and function in relation to public health. The paper discusses how every citizen of the United States has the right to apply for Medicare or Medicaid. The paper looks at the structure of the organization and provides a breakdown of the financial disbursement of funds in the CMS. The paper also offers a diagram that represents the communication between federal, state and local levels of the government in connection with the CMS.
From the Paper:"The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is the largest health care service provider in the United States. Since its beginnings the reliance on CMS by the American public has continued to grow, especially since the majority of Americans do not possess health insurance in the country. As the President and Congress continue to add programs to the CMS the significance of the agency continues to impact American society. Because of its multifunctional nature there are many throughout the United States that believe that the CMS should evolve into a national health care program, ending the concern for a national health care system in the country. However, the structure of the organization has suggested that there is not sufficient control of accountability and that the CMS would have to be restructured in order for it to meet the demands of such an alteration in its existence."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Centers for medicare and Medicaid services needs to improve controls over key communication network. (2006). United States Government Accountability Office. Retrieved January 20, 2007, from http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d06750.pdf
- FY 2005 budget. (2005). Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved January 20, 2007, from http://www.hhs.gov/budget/05budget/centersformed.html#grant
- Health care financing administration. (n.d.). Answers. Retrieved January 20, 2007, from http://www.answers.com/topic/centers-for-medicare-and-medicaid-services
- Review of the centers of medicare and Medicaid services. (2006). Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved January 20, 2007, from http://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-06-04-00480.pdf
- Social security act. (2006). Social Security Administration. Retrieved January 20, 2007, from http://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/ssact/title18/1811.htm
Cite this Term Paper:
Medicare and Medicaid (2008, February 28) Retrieved January 27, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/medicare-and-medicaid-101674/
"Medicare and Medicaid" 28 February 2008. Web. 27 January. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/medicare-and-medicaid-101674/>