Marketing to Generation X vs. Generation Y Term Paper by Nicky
An exploration of the marketing strategies for Generation X vs. Generation Y.
# 146473 | 2,567 words | 7 sources | APA | 2010 |
Published on Dec 29, 2010 in Business (Marketing) , Business (Consumer Behavior)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper explores the research on the X Generation, born from 1965 to 1980, and the Y Generation, born from 1977 to 1995. The paper examines how companies are developing marketing and advertising strategies to meet these cohorts' different purchasing needs. The paper explains the background and lifestyle of both groups to demonstrate the best way to reach these groups, communicate a message, and get them to take action.
From the Paper:"Attempting to identify consumer groups who react in the same way to marketing strategies is not all that easy. In an ideal world, each consumer would be treated as one of a kind, because every person has different interests and needs. Yet, this is not economically possible. Marketers instead try to locate wide groups of consumers who share similar desires and needs and will react the same way to marketing activities. There are a number of different ways of dividing consumers, such as by geography, age, life-cycle, and the benefits they are seeking. Another effective method is to group consumers into cohorts (Noble & Noble 2000)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Deloitte Debate: Gen Y or Gen Whine? Engaging Gen Y In This Recession. PR Newswire. New York: Jan 15, 2009.
- Lager, M. (2006) Customer Relationship Management. Medford 10 (11), 28-32
- Lindquist, T.M.(2008) Exploring Millennial Student Values and Societal Trends: Accounting Course Selection Preferences Recruiting the Millennium Generation: The New CPAThe CPA Journal. 78(8) 56-60
- Meredith, G. and Schewe, D. ( 1994), The Power of Cohorts, American Demographics, (December), 22-31.
- Noble, S.M., & Noble, C.H. (2000) Getting to know Y: The consumption behaviors of a new cohort. American Marketing Association. 11, 293-300 .
Cite this Term Paper:
Marketing to Generation X vs. Generation Y (2010, December 29) Retrieved June 03, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/marketing-to-generation-x-vs-generation-y-146473/
"Marketing to Generation X vs. Generation Y" 29 December 2010. Web. 03 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/marketing-to-generation-x-vs-generation-y-146473/>