Management Styles and the New Modern Business Paradigm
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In the business world today, the old cliche, that change is the only constant, is more dynamically true at the beginning of the 21st century than ever before. Indeed, change has become so prevalent and multifaceted that specific management theories have been developed to focus on this phenomenon alone. This paper relates that, in order to most effectively survive in the changing business world today, it is perhaps best to focus on not one single management style, but on a multiplicity of management styles. The paper the proceeds to describe the theories and philosophies behind four management styles, and how they integrate with the new modern business paradigm. The styles examined are chaos management, entrepreneurship management, marionette management and partnership management.
From the Paper:"Another key to entrepreneurial management is implementing business ideas once they have been identified. This, according to the author, is often the most difficult part of entrepreneurship. This is also where managers can play a key role in the potential success of entrepreneurship within a company. The reason for this is a central lack of persistence. It is very easy to despair and move to other ventures during the first months of an entrepreneurial venture. Nevertheless, Heller states that there are two kinds of persistence that are important in this regard: persistence in the face of adversity and persistence beyond adversity. This means that, to survive, the business must provide its utmost in quality and service, even when financial stability is reached. A lack of persistence in business excellence will lead to an inevitable loss of customers and hence also a loss of business and eventual failure."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Eisler, Riane and Montuori, Alfonso. (2001). The Partnership Organization: A systems approach. OD Practitioner, vol. 33, no. 2. http://www.partnershipway.org/html/subpages/articles/organization.htm
- Eisler, Riane. (1991). Women, Men and Management; Redesigning Our Future. Futures, January/February. http://www.partnershipway.org/html/subpages/articles/management.htm
- Heller, Robert. (2007). Business Enterprise: Entrepreneurship and spotting business opportunities. Thinking Manager's Blog. http://www.thinkingmanagers.com/management/business-enterprise.php
- Nowicki, Michael & Summers, Jim. (2003, Oct). "The benevolent autocrat: is it the right fit for the times?". Heatlhcare Financial Management. Online database: FindArticles.com
- Wojick, David E. (2007). Chaos Management and the Dyamics of Information. http://www.bydesign.com/powervision/Mathematics_Philosophy_Science/Chaosman.html
Cite this Term Paper:
Management Styles and the New Modern Business Paradigm (2011, April 15) Retrieved November 27, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/management-styles-and-the-new-modern-business-paradigm-147466/
"Management Styles and the New Modern Business Paradigm" 15 April 2011. Web. 27 November. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/management-styles-and-the-new-modern-business-paradigm-147466/>