Learning New Vocabulary Words
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper looks at the language learning process based on the author's first hand experience as an English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher. The writer explains the different methods used for picking up new words in a foreign language and provides examples of listening exercises.
From the Paper:"For the summer I began working as a part time ESL teacher for an online company in Korea that provides video classes for all levels of English proficiency. The classes that I teach are for young learners of English who are taking these classes to get ahead during the summer break. Consisting of four students per class, these students are grouped by their entry exam score in order to try and equally distribute the students by language level. Since the method of this language school is the communicative based instruction, the main focus of the course is pronunciation, speaking, and high frequency vocabulary words related to conversation. In the first couple weeks of class, I asked my students about some of the strategies they use to remember the vocabulary words from our lessons.''
Sample of Sources Used:
- Celce-Murcia, Marianne. Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language. Boston: Thomson. 2001.
- Leatherby, Carol, Aacevedo, Ana and Harmer, Jeremy. Just Right Elementary. MC/Summertown ELT. 2006.
- Nunan, David. Practical English Language Teaching. New York: McGraw Hill. 2003.
- Ortega, Lourdes. Understanding Second Language Acquisition. London: Hodder Education. 2009.
- Pavur, Claude. Advise for Learning Vocabulary Words. Saint Louis University. 22 July 2010.
Cite this Term Paper:
Learning New Vocabulary Words (2011, February 17) Retrieved January 22, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/learning-new-vocabulary-words-147082/
"Learning New Vocabulary Words" 17 February 2011. Web. 22 January. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/learning-new-vocabulary-words-147082/>