$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses Gene One's plan to increase revenue, develop innovative technology and become a public company. The paper shows how strong leadership is necessary in order to resolve conflict and encourage employee motivation. The paper focuses on the characteristics of effective human resource teams and concludes that if careful consideration is given to each issue prior to making a formal decision, the company will be met with success.
From the Paper:"The business world is filled with challenges. In addition to remaining competitive in a technologically advanced industry, most management faces everyday issues, such as employee attitudes and behaviors. Although challenges frequently create issues, opportunities also arise from challenges.
"Gene One, a leader in the biotech industry, was established in part by Don Ruiz, Michelle Houghton, and Teri Robertson, in 1996. Using innovative gene technology, Gene One developed a product that allowed the agricultural market to generate organic produce. In doing so, Gene One accumulated a strong share of the market and became a $400 million corporation (University of Phoenix, 2006)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Frost, P. (January/February 2004). Handling the hurt: a critical skill for leaders. Ivey Business Journal, 1-6. Retrieved on November 19, 2006, from www.iveybusinessjournal.com.
- Kaliprasad, M. (June 2006). The human factor II: creating a high performance culture in an organization. Cost Engineering, 48(6), 27-34. Retrieved November 18, 2006, from EBSCOhost database.
- Kreitner, R. and Kinicki, A. (2003). Organizational behavior: Emerging realities for the workplace. New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies.
- McShane, S. L., & Von Glinow, M. (2004). Organizational behavior: Emerging realities for the workplace. New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies.
- University of Phoenix. (2006). Scenario one: Gene One. Retrieved November 14, 2006, from University of Phoenix, Week One, rEsource. MBA520-Transformational Leadership.
Cite this Term Paper:
Leadership Concepts (2008, August 25) Retrieved December 08, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/leadership-concepts-107212/
"Leadership Concepts" 25 August 2008. Web. 08 December. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/leadership-concepts-107212/>