John von Neumann Term Paper by hicaliber
John von Neumann
An analysis of the mathematical and scientific contributions of John von Neumann.
# 94130 | 2,009 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Apr 22, 2007 in Computer and Technology (Programming) , Physics (Quantum) , Computer and Technology (Technology) , Mathematics (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses John von Neumann's contributions to the fields of quantum physics, functional analysis, set theory, economics, computer science, numerical analysis, hydrodynamics, statistics and other mathematical fields. The paper also discusses his contribution to the creation of the hydrogen bomb. It goes on to describe some of his most influential achievements.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bochner, Salomon. John von Neumann. National Academy of Sciences Biographical Memoirs 32 (1958): 456-451.
- Cabrera, Barney. "John von Neumann and von Neumann Architecture for Computers (1945)." Salem State University. <http://w3.salemstate.edu/~tevans/VonNeuma.htm>.
- "John von Neumann." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation. 5 May 2006. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann>
- Riley, H. Norton. "The von Neumann Architecture of Computer Systems." California State Polytechnic University Computer Science Department. September 1987. <http://www.csupomona.edu/~hnriley/www/VonN.html>
- Slater, Robert. Portraits in Silicon. Cambridge: MIT Press, 1987. Chapter 3.
Cite this Term Paper:
John von Neumann (2007, April 22) Retrieved June 03, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/john-von-neumann-94130/
"John von Neumann" 22 April 2007. Web. 03 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/john-von-neumann-94130/>