$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the life and activities of John Gotti. It describes his background as a child and then looks at how he became involved in a life of crime. The paper discusses Gotti's connection to the Gambino crime family and the criminal activities that he performed for them. It also describes the sentences that he served for his various acts of crime up until his death in prison.
From the Paper:"FBI cameras captured it all, from a surveillance post, near his headquarters in Little Italy. Before long, prosecutors were ready to file a new racketeering indictment ("Thug in a Great-Looking Suit, 2002") Determined not to fail a fourth time, Gotti's prosecutors presented a colossal amount of evidence, including six hours of FBI tapes surreptitiously recorded in Gotti's hideaways. They called 38 witnesses, including Gotti's No. 2 man, one of the highest-ranking turncoats in organized crime. (Goodstein, 1992) Wiretaps of Gotti's phone produced compelling evidence against several defendants. (Dunder) The final blow was dealt by his one-time good friend Sammy Gravano. Gravano had decided to flip, becoming the star witness against John Gotti, alter to slip into FBI witness protection program. (Dunder) Gotti, who had proven untouchable in prior trials, faced the testimony of Salvatore "Sammy the Bull" Gravano, second in command in the Gambino organization, "translated" the mob lingo for the prosecution. ("Thug in a Great-Looking Suit, 2002")"
Sample of Sources Used:
- "'Dapper Don' John Gotti Dead." CNN.com./US. Undated, retrieved Jan. 17, 2007. Available at <http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/06/10/john.gotti/>. Internet. Cited as "Dapper Don."
- Dunder, Jonathan. "John Gotti." Free Information Society. undated, accessed Jan. 16, 2007. Available at <http://www.freeinfosociety.com/site.php?postnum=111>. Internet.
- Goodstein, Laurie, 1992. "Gotti Convicted of 13 Crimes, May Face Life in Jail." The Washington Post. April 3, 1992, accessed Jan. 17, 2007. P. 3. Available at <http://www-tech.mit.edu/V112/N17/gotti.17w.html>. Internet.
- "John Gotti." Undated, retrieved Jan. 16, 2007. Avaialbe at <http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/crime/mafia/john-gotti/ John Gotti>. Internet.
- "John Gotti: 'A Thug in a Great-Looking Suit.'" 2002. CNN.com.US. June 10, 2002, accessed Jan. 15, 2007. Available at <http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/06/10/john.gotti>. Internet. Cited as "A Thug in a Great-Looking Suit, 2002."
Cite this Term Paper:
John Gotti (2008, February 19) Retrieved September 19, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/john-gotti-101111/
"John Gotti" 19 February 2008. Web. 19 September. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/john-gotti-101111/>