Investing Your Money
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses stocks and shares, bonds and real estate and the returns and risks they offer investors. The paper offers the advice that since stocks are volatile, investors should never invest money they cannot afford to lose. Throughout the paper, the writer emphasizes how understanding the risks and rewards of investing is a key to the investor's success.
From the Paper:"To get started investing a number of events must take place. The desire to invest is one that can be fulfilled quite easily if one knows a number of basic items. Those items include questions such as, why do I wish to invest? A primary purpose for investing from the perspective of most individuals is so they can make money, and though most would love to make a 'quick killing', the majority of investors seek to invest in order to have the financial well being that comes with long-term investments. This is a concept that most investors know and understand well, although it is at times extremely difficult to remember when watching stocks go through the ups and downs of a daily market, and it is especially hard when watching your portfolio fall by the amounts and percentages that most investors felt in 2008 and continue to witness during 2009."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Birger, J.; (2008) What should you do now?, Fortune, Vol. 158, No. 7, pp. 47, 48, 50, 52
- La Monica, P.R.; (2008) These stocks are rolling, Fortune, Vol. 158, No. 4, pp. 35 - 36
- Lim, P.J.; (2008) Global cooling, Money, Vol. 37, No. 12, pp. 108 - 110, 112
- Segal, J.; (2007) Alternative retirement plans, Institutional Investor (Americas edition) Vol. 41, No. 9, pg. 213
- Strahler, S.R.; (2008) Credit mess mires Nuveen's funds, Crain's Chicago Business, Vol. 31, No, 41, pp. 1, 11
Cite this Term Paper:
Investing Your Money (2010, November 10) Retrieved December 14, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/investing-your-money-145452/
"Investing Your Money" 10 November 2010. Web. 14 December. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/investing-your-money-145452/>