Insurance and Hurricane Katrina
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses how hurricane Katrina highlighted the inadequacy of insurance coverages offered. The paper also reveals the fraud of insurance agencies in depriving homeowners of rightful payments. The paper examines the various lawsuits and legal issues and discusses the campaign waged by the insurance industry to keep the courts from making insurance policies and to keep judges adhering to pro-business policies. The paper shows how many federal and state laws are both confusing and contradictory and largely shaped for the benefit of the insurance companies.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Chu, Kathy. "State Farm Agrees to Pay Up for Katrina in Mississippi." USA Today (23 Jan 2007). August 11, 2007. http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/insurance/2007-01-23-state-farm-katrina_x.htm.
- Hartwig, Robert P. "Hurricane Katrina Insurance Issues: Robert P. Hartwig." Congressional Testimony (28 Feb 2007). August 10, 2007. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-135515555.html.
- "Homeowners Drop Insurance After Katrina." Associated Press/AP Online (19 March 2007). August 10, 2007. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1Y1-104396426.html.
- "Hurricane Katrina Victims Denied Insurance Claims." Insurance Related News (08 March 2007). August 11, 2007. http://insurance.newsik.net/related/Hurricane-Katrina-Victims-Denied-Insurance-Claims-13161618.html.
- "Judge Blocks Katrina Insurance Settlement." On Deadline (26 Jan 2007). August 11, 2007. http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/01/judge_blocks_ka.html.
Cite this Term Paper:
Insurance and Hurricane Katrina (2008, September 18) Retrieved December 02, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/insurance-and-hurricane-katrina-107977/
"Insurance and Hurricane Katrina" 18 September 2008. Web. 02 December. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/insurance-and-hurricane-katrina-107977/>