In Vitro Translation
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper explains that procedures such as in-vitro translation are based upon the recognition that cells are protein-production facilities. Consequently, when medical researchers consider it necessary to make a particular protein, they can rely upon cells to produce that protein for them. The paper discusses the strengths and weaknesses of this method. The paper then discusses how molecular biologists consider in vitro synthesis of proteins in cell-free extracts to be an important method, for it offers a variety of applications.
From the Paper:"Procedures such as in-vitro translation are based upon the recognition that cells are protein-production facilities. Consequently, when medical researchers consider it necessary to make a particular protein, they can rely upon cells to produce that protein for them. Unfortunately, a number of problems have been experienced because living cells are not very good sources of exogenous proteins, for some proteins are degraded and some are toxic, while other proteins are clumped into inclusion bodies comprised of insoluble aggregates."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Adams, Amy. (October 20, 2003). "Coupling In Vitro Transcription and Translation." The Scientist, Volume 17, Issue 20.
- Bullock, D. W. (1977). "In Vitro Translation of Messenger RNA for a Uteroglobin-like Protein from a Rabbit Lung." Biolreprod.org. Online. Available: http://www.biol eprod.rg/cgi/content/abstract/17/1/104?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=in+vitro+translation&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT. 19 October 2006.
- "In Vitro Translation: The Basics." Ambion. Online. Available: http://www. ambion.com/techlib/basics/translation/index.html. 19 October 2006.
- Rajbhandary, Uttam. (February 15, 2000). "More Surprises in Translation: Initiation without the Initiator tRNA." The National Academy of Scientists. 97(4): 1325-1327.
- Tymms, Martin J. (1995). In Vitro Transcription and Translation. New York: Humana Press.
Cite this Term Paper:
In Vitro Translation (2007, November 15) Retrieved May 16, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/in-vitro-translation-99602/
"In Vitro Translation" 15 November 2007. Web. 16 May. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/in-vitro-translation-99602/>