Impact on Cultural Change During Mergers and Acquisitions
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper deals with the issue of increasing employee productivity and views the evolution of organizational development (OD) from its earliest years to its much wider present state, ending with its ability or lack thereof to address today's specific issues. This paper conducts a systematic review of relevant literature on OD and develops a theoretical framework concerning how OD can relate to changes that occur with mergers and acquisitions and culture.
From the Paper:"However, if employees are dissatisfied with their work or the company itself, they will not perform to the best of their ability and knowledge product will decline. Such a situation often arises with mergers and acquisitions. Industry research finds that up to 80 percent of mergers and acquisitions fail to provide the expected shareholder return because of the impact on their people. A study conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management called "Making Mergers Work" concluded that organizations may proceed and do due diligence and analyze financial matters. However, it is instead the cultural and personnel issues that can mean the demise of a successful merger. The performance of the people is key."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Argyris, C. (1957). Personality and organization: The conflict between system and the individual. New York: Harper & Row.
- Armenakis, A.A., Harris, S.G, & Field, H.S. (1999). Making change permanent: A model for institutionalizing change interventions. Research in Organizational Change and Development, 12,
- Burke, W. W., & Trahant, W (2000). Business climate shifts. Boston, MA: PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
- Cameron, K., Dutton, J., & Quinn, R. (Eds.). (2003). Positive organizational scholarship: Foundations of a new discipline. San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler.
- Cooperrider, D., Sorenson, P., Yaeger, T., & Whitney, D. (Eds.). (2001 ). Appreciative inqiurv: An emerging direction for organization development. Champaign, IL: Stipes.
Cite this Term Paper:
Impact on Cultural Change During Mergers and Acquisitions (2008, July 31) Retrieved December 06, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/impact-on-cultural-change-during-mergers-and-acquisitions-106392/
"Impact on Cultural Change During Mergers and Acquisitions" 31 July 2008. Web. 06 December. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/impact-on-cultural-change-during-mergers-and-acquisitions-106392/>