Immigrant Integration in France
This paper explores the racial divide in France between North African Muslims and French mainstream society.
# 96082 | 1,338 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Jun 22, 2007 in Ethnic Studies (Conflict) , Ethnic Studies (European) , Political Science (Non-U.S.) , Religion and Theology (Islam) , Hot Topics (Immigration)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses how the problem facing North African Muslim immigrants in France is one of both social stigma and economic disability. The paper describes how an unsympathetic government combined with the plight of misinformed French citizenry has caused a near breaking point between the relationships of immigrants and the mainstream populace. The paper shows how the current terrorism and fear of Islamic fundamentalism has had a profound effect on efforts at immigration integration. The paper asserts that France must take further steps to promote greater economic and political incentives for immigrant integration, or else they will face worse problems than rioting within their national borders.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Main, H. (2003, Spring). FRANCE AND THE NETHERLANDS: IMMIGRATION, ASSIMILATION,AND CONFLICT. Retrieved November 12, 2006, from https://dlib.lib.washington.edu/dspace/bitstream/1773/2586/1/Heather+Main.pdf
- Aydemir, N. (2005, July 7). Immigrant Rebels in France: A Difficult Process ofReconstructing Identities. Retrieved November 12, 2006, fromhttp://www.turkishweekly.net/nermin.php?id=137
- Allen, J. T. (2006, August 17). Is France Doing a Better Job of Integration than Its Critics? In The French-Muslim Connection. Retrieved November 23, 2006,from http://pewresearch.org/obdeck/?ObDeckID=50
- Freeman, G. P. (1980, May). Immigrant Labor and Racial Conflict in Industrial Societies: The French and British Experience, 1945-1975. In JSTOR.Retrieved November 23, 2006, from http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0022-3816(198011)42%3A4%3C1197%3AILARCI%3E2.0.CO%3B2-5
- Ford, P. (2005, November 4). Deep roots of Paris riots. In Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved November 23, 2006, from http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1104/p06s02-woeu.html
Cite this Term Paper:
Immigrant Integration in France (2007, June 22) Retrieved September 27, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/immigrant-integration-in-france-96082/
"Immigrant Integration in France" 22 June 2007. Web. 27 September. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/immigrant-integration-in-france-96082/>