Human Interface Design
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper explains that human interface design is essentially concerned with the way in which the interface, or the interaction between the human and the computer, can be enhanced or made more usable and accessible. The paper explains how one of the central aspects with regard to human interface design is the use of metaphor to enable better and more understandable interaction. The paper notes the difficulties involved in the various attempts to integrate operating systems and the browser interface. The paper discusses the movement in the industry towards the creation of a human - computer interface which is more intuitive and which can use artificial intelligence to anticipate the user's needs and create a more seamless interface between human and machine.
From the Paper:"One of the central aspects with regard to human interface design is the use of metaphor to enable better and more understandable interaction. An insightful article in this regard is Human Interface Design Principles. This article emphasizes the importance of the use of metaphor in interface design. "Metaphors are the building blocks in the user's mental model of a task." (Human Interface Design Principles) The interface designer therefore makes use of concepts and metaphors "...that represent concrete, familiar ideas, and make the metaphors obvious, so that users can apply a set of expectations to the computer environment.""
Sample of Sources Used:
- Human Interface Design Principles. September 30, 2006. <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGHIDesign/chapter_5_section_2.html>
- Landay J.A. and Myers B.A.. Sketching Interfaces: Toward More Human Interface Design. September 30, 2006. <http://22.214.171.124/search?q=cache:yvQNnDg4bMQJ:www.cs.berkeley.edu/~landay/research/publications/silk ieee published.pdf+%22Human+Interface+Design&l=en&l=za&t=clnk&d=3&r=lang_en>
- Mobile Device UI Design. September 30, 2006.http://www.blueflavor.com/ed/mobile/mobile_device_ui_design.php
- Padilla M. User Interface Design - Taking the Good with the Bad. 2006. September 29, 2006. <http://www.digital-web.com/articles/user_interface_design_taking_the_good_with_the_bad/>
- Yuexiao Zhao and Enn Tyugu. Towards a Personalized Browser for Elderly Users. September 29, 2006. <http://126.96.36.199/search?q=cache:02GBXBjbIE8J:ui4all.ics.forth.gr/UI4ALL 98/zhao.pdf+Human+Interface+Design+Wilbert+Galitz&l=en&l=za&t=clnk&d=55&r=lang_en>
Cite this Term Paper:
Human Interface Design (2007, February 25) Retrieved September 21, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/human-interface-design-92634/
"Human Interface Design" 25 February 2007. Web. 21 September. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/human-interface-design-92634/>